Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's a Boy!!

Bring on the BLUE, another BOY is joining the Edwards crew!!


On December 21st, Ryan and I went to the doctor for our first trimester screening. With Harrison we had the screening done at 14 weeks and we found out he was a boy! We were shocked because that is really early to find out the sex of the baby. So I hoped, but assumed that there was no way possible we would find out the sex of this baby considering I was only 12 weeks. Well, apparently my boys aren't shy, because we found out we are expecting another boy!!

We are super excited!! I don't think it could be anymore perfect. The idea of Harrison having a little brother to be best buddies with makes me so happy. They will only be two years apart, so I can only imagine how close they will be. And since Baby Edwards will be born in the summer also, he will fit perfectly into Harrison's clothes. I have to admit that makes me feel less guilty for going over board on Harrison's wardrobe, but on the other hand it justifies my crazy spending which could be bad.

Since I got pregnant, I had planned on cooking dinner and having both families over for a gender reveal. Well since we were not expecting to find out at 12 weeks, I didn't have time for that - you know I can't keep my mouth shut for long! Ryan and I were already headed to my parents that night for dinner so we decided to do a cupcake reveal for them. The funny thing is I didn't have time to bake cupcakes so I had Ryan buy store bought cupcakes. I then scraped the icing off of them, inserted blue icing in the center, and re-iced them. If you look closely, at the cupcakes, you can see the top of them are stained red from the icing that was already on them - haha!

One of the first things my parents asked was if we found out the sex. Ryan and I lied and we went on with dinner. After dinner my Mom went to get a cupcake, Ryan and I were trying so hard not to laugh, she bit into it and was slightly confused. We yelled surprise and filled them in on our exciting news!!

The next day I decided to do my own cupcake reveal with Harrison.

Harrison and Bradie waiting patiently for their surprise


Checking out the cupcake, trying to figure out what it means


Realizing it means he will have a baby brother!! Ok... maybe he doesn't quite understand and was just really excited about having a cupcake for breakfast, but non-the-less... excited!



1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! That is awesome news! Very excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete