Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's in a Name?

If you know me at all, you know that I am VERY indecisive. I have a hard time deciding what to eat for lunch, let alone choosing a name for my child. When we found out we were having a boy Ryan and I had two names picked out - Harrison Cole and Ethan Cole. I went back and forth for nearly four months on what the final name should be. I even went as far as having Ryan talk to the baby using both names so I could see which one I liked best. Well, as you know, we finally decided to go with Harrison Cole Edwards.

It wasn’t until after Harrison was born that my dad noticed something pretty neat. My grandmother, Mamie, has always called my dad HC, which stands for Honey Child. She even goes as far as addressing his cards with this name. One day it dawned on my father that Harrison’s initials are HC. So now we have a new little Honey Child in the family. I think this is a sign that Harrison Cole Edwards is the perfect name for our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment