Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Special Delivery - June 25, 2010

Ryan and I checked into the hospital at 8:00p.m. June 24th, where I received medicine to help soften my cervix and was told to relax and get a good nights sleep – yeah right! The next morning the doctors gave me Pitocin to help induce my labor. It wasn’t long before I was begging for an Epidural – thank God for Epidurals!! After 10 long hours of labor I was only dilated 5cm. Since I wasn’t making much progress they decided to go ahead and do a C-section. Although the thought of being cut open did scare me, I was actually relieved to be having a C-section. Within 10 minutes of wheeling me to the operating room baby Harrison arrived.

Harrison Cole Edwards was born June 25, 2010 at 5:17p.m. He weighed 6lb 6oz. and measured 19 inches long. I am not one to cry when I am happy, but when I heard his cry for the first time I couldn’t help but sob tears of joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment