Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Worth the Worries

If you know anything about me, you know that I am a worrier. It is one personality trait, that I wish I didn't have. Well, that and my tendency to obsess over things. Put these two things together and you have a bad combination.

You would think that I would stress over bills, life insurance, work, and other "adult" things, but that is not the case. Luckily, Ryan worries enough for the both of us about those important issues. I tend to worry/obsess about trivial things such as photo shoots, what size clothes to order, Harrison's birthday party (yes, I am already planning the shin-dig), and so on. These things may seem unimportant to some people, but to me they are of the utmost importance.

None the less, Harrison's 8 month photo shoot with Elizabeth Wiggs was no different. Here are just a few of the thoughts that went through my head for the month leading up to the photo session. What is Harrison going to wear? What are Ryan and I going to wear? Is it going to be cold or hot? What location should we use? Will Harrison's nap interfere with the schedule? Will Harrison be fussy? Will the hat I ordered for Harrison arrive on time? How am I going to wear my hair? What props do I want to use? It rained on our scheduled day - now what are we going to do? Will it rain again on our new scheduled day? We don't know where we are going - are we going to be late? The wind was crazy - what will my hair look like? Harrison wasn't very happy - did she get any smiling pictures of him?...

... Am I driving you nuts yet? If so, you can only imaging how I feel - and poor Ryan who unfortunately has to listen, or pretend to listen, to all my thoughts.

I felt a huge relief after the photos were over, but still worried if they would come out good. Well, words couldn't explain how relieved I was when I saw these. I LOVE them more than I could have imagined. I will soon forget about all the stress leading up to this session, but I will always treasures these pictures!


All in all, I think life must be good if my biggest worries are over family photos! We are one blessed family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment