Friday, February 4, 2011

Milk Nazi

Ever since Harrison was born, Ryan has been very into the breastfeeding process. I remember the two of us sitting in the hospital bed at 2 a.m. trying to nurse Harrison. At that time, it seemed to be a two man job. After Harrison and I got the hang of nursing, Ryan was still very concerned about my milk supply. He would call home from work just to see if I had pumped and how much I got. I quickly learned that I was married to the Milk Nazi.

Ryan never seemed to understand how hard it was to take care of a newborn, nurse every 3 hours, and find the time to pump in between. Despite the Milk Nazi's orders, I was never concerned about building up a supply in the freezer.

Well, since I have had to return back to work. I finally had to give in and start building up a supply of milk. Now our freezer is overflowing with milk. All I want to say is... Take that Milk Nazi!!


The funniest thing about this post is that I pumped 7.5 ounces while I wrote it. The Milk Nazi would be so proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment